What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is treatment of the human bodies motions and stability system. Which includes the treatment of muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, and even bone. Through various methods of treatments such as; modalities, hands on or exercise techniques to improve the way the body moves and feels. Physiotherapy can help anybody who is suffering from aches, pains or discomfort due to injury, chronic conditions, or even bad posture. Physiotherapists at Synergy Rehabilitation accomplish this through excellent diagnostics, proven manual therapy techniques, and exercise protocols
What should I expect at my first visit?
- Plan to be 15 minutes early to complete any relevant paperwork . After registration you will be taken to a treatment room You will be seen for the initial evaluation by the therapist.
- The therapist will then review the following with you:
- Your medical history.
- Your current problems/complaints.
- Medications, tests, and procedures related to your health.
- Treatment Plan and Goals
- The therapist will then perform a physical examination with you. This may include tests, and hands on procedures.
- The therapist will then formulate a list of problems you are having, and how to treat those problems. A plan is subsequently developed with the patient’s input. This includes how many times you should see the therapist per week, how many weeks you will need therapy, home programs, patient education, short-term/long-term goals and what is expected after discharge from therapy. This plan is created with input from you, your therapist, and your doctor.
What should I bring to my first visit?
Doctors Referral, Your CareCard, benefits number (if applicable) and your payment information. If you are covered by Workers’ Compensation, bring your claim number and your case manager’s contact information. If your insurance company requires the clinic and/or the therapist to fill out some information, bring along the insurance form.
Do I need a doctors referral?
Physiotherapy is direct access, meaning that in the majority of cases you need not have a referral. For ICBC, you will have to have a Doctor’s referral. Note that some extended health benefit plan insurance companies still require a doctor’s referral for reimbursement of physiotherapy treatments. Although Work safe allows you to commence Physiotherapy without a Doctor’s referral, you may be guided by your case worker to see a Doctor before commencing treatment.
Why choose Synergy Rehab?
At synergy Rehab our registered professionals will guide you every step of the way through your road to recovery.
- For ICBC Claims; No Payments until your claim settles (Must be represented by Lawyer)
- WCB Direct Billing Fully Covered
- Direct Billing with Major Insurance Companies
What will I do after Physiotherapy?
Everyone benefits from exercise. Our staff will coordinate an Active Rehab exercise program with you, carried out by our registered kinesiologists.
How quickly can I get an appointment?
Our clinics offers flexible scheduling. We offer 7 days a week, and late evenings. We will work around your schedule to get the earliest appointment available. Contact us immediately.
What is Active Rehab?
Active Rehab is a one-on-one session with a Kinesiologist, who will understand your personal and physical goals. Our team will design a customised exercise program to guide you to an optimal recovery.
How many visits will I need?
The number of treatments will vary depending on the problem and individual. After a thorough assessment, the kinesiologist will discuss their treatment plan for the rehabilitation process.
How long is each session?
An Active Rehab session is approximately 45 to 60 minutes in length. During this entire time your therapist will be present and will guide you through the session.
Can I get active rehab without an ICBC claim?
Yes, you may receive Active Rehab therapy without an ICBC claim, but it will be at your own cost.